Sunday, June 15, 2008

Makin' whoopie

I like to bake, but sometimes even I get carried away. My friend and the basketball team he coaches were heading down the highway this weekend for the state Special Olympics summer games and I decided that a road trip isn't complete without provisions. In this case, "provisions" meant whoopie pies, a heavenly concoction of cakey, frosted goodness. So, 24 cups of flour, several pounds of butter and two nights of baking until midnight later, we had the following:



That's right, friends, two full fridge shelves of whoopie heaven. Alas, I was only able to stuff about two or three dozen, give or take a few, into the cooler I sent on the bus (whoopie pies like to be cold) so I was left to distribute the rest to the office and the neighborhood kids. Meanwhile, the local basketball team must've had a seriously nauseated coach, as apparently he took it upon himself to consume six of the things in a single day. The man deserves a medal for that, alone.

For those of you who want to try making these, here are the links for them:

Chocolate whoopie pies

Lemon whoopie pies

Pumpkin whoopie pies

Share on Facebook

No comments: