Friday, July 03, 2009

It is NOT!

"It is what it is."

I don't recall when I was first introduced to that string of monosyllabic meaninglessness, but it's a phrase I have grown to hate and then some, as it seems to be the mantra of those too paralyzed by laziness or fear to make decisions. It is often accompanied by a half-hearted shrug and look of sheepishness. Even worse, my life has, on occasion, been completely tossed into upheaval by those who have that mentality.

Let me make it clear:
It is pathetic.
It is miserable.
It is bullshit that you are such a pussy.
It is the antithesis of being human and adult.
It is intentional, even if you are too clueless to realize it.
It is causing the people around you to suffer.
It is what you have chosen by default, for us and for yourself.
It is what you have made it.

But, "it is what it is?" Hardly. It is not. Please, people, quit trying to use that ridiculous phrase to defend the indefensible.

Share on Facebook

No comments: