Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Seeking serenity

It'll be green tomorrow.

As I glanced at the trees during my evening walk, I could see just a tinge of life peeking from the tips of the buds. My guess is that they'll burst forth once the sun warms things up a bit.

Amidst all of the stressful things this time of year brings, and this year more so than most, the promise of green leaves rustling in a warm wind can't help but offer a little bit of hope and comfort. As I walked this evening, with a nearly full moon at my face and the sun setting at my back, the air just cool enough to feel on the tip of my nose, it was a little easier to shed some of my cares: work, the frantic pace of the end of the school year, the lack of funds in my checking account, the impending departure of a loved one.

Just walk, under the sinking light of Fairbanks' springtime sun. Feel the wind. Hear the robins converse. Breathe.

Share on Facebook

No comments: