Saturday, May 06, 2006

Sometimes it ain't what it seems.

I'm out in my yard the other night, whacking away at my wiley wild rose bush and cleaning out my planter boxes, when I overhear a conversation from next door. In order to fully appreciate this conversation, it is, however, helpful to have a bit of context. You see, the conversation was coming from a group of four drunk neighborhood guys standing around a fire burning in a 55-gallon drum outside a trailer.

Aaanyway...

I'm plucking dead plants from the ground and so not minding my own business. I hear things like:

"I don't think Bush was always this way."
"I think Bush used to be a lot weaker."
"How do you think Bush compares to others? Is Bush stronger?"

And I thought, "Wow, maybe all is not lost. Maybe even people whose politics I wouldn't likely agree with are at least paying attention enough to form opinions. I mean, if they are sitting around a burning drum talking national politics, they must be at least noticing a little of what is going on. Maybe there is hope for the sheeple yet."

'Cept about 30 seconds later, I realized the limitations of the spoken word.

I was hearing "Bush."

They were saying "Busch."

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

Sara said...

THAT ROCKS!

MG, your blog title is so you. I love it. Please keep writing.

And dammit, I wish we could just keep Bus(c)h all bottled up.