Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Some people watch football

Not my family. Our holiday traditions involve lower temperatures and more clothing. Lots more clothing. Add this to the file that proves my rugged Alaska womanhood. Or something like that.

No, we aren’t dead. No, we haven’t fallen and can’t get up.

No, I am not an extreme example of that kid in elementary school that licked the monkey bars. Mmmm. Lake ice. You see, underneath our faces is a hole in the ice. We are simply paying very close attention to our baited hooks, waiting for the big strike ...

Aha! Victory at last.
The boy fared a little better, though I still say that in fishing, the gross weight of the fish isn’t the true measure of success. Nope. The fun’s in the catching, right? So every fish counts, right? Right? So, according to my calculations, I caught exactly 50 percent of the fish that day.

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, all that work for that puny fish? What's the point. I absolutely loath ice fishing. You know if you use the youngest girl for bait you could probably lure in a lynx or nice-size wolf. That seems more worth the frostbite. Who is the beige lump to the right in the pic? Hope all is well.

Dillon