Monday, January 08, 2007

Life without kids

Kids were with dad for a week. I got a glimpse of my life in a dozen years and I think I am likely to go insane:

8 a.m. Get up and get ready for work
9 a.m.- 6 p.m. Work
6:15 p.m. Stop at grocery store and buy a bag of Caesar salad and a chicken breast
6:45 p.m. Eat dinner
7:30 p.m. Finish dishes, all five of them
10:30 p.m. Finish reading novel
10:35 p.m. Wonder what the heck to do next
10:40 p.m. Clean something
11 p.m. Wonder what the heck to do now
11:03 p.m. Look at the ceiling. Maybe I should paint it. Maybe I should paint it now.
11:06 p.m. Ephipany. So this is why single people have such organized houses. What the heck else are you supposed to do? If I had an entire year without children, I think I just might be able to completely gut and remodel my home and still have time to read three or four books a week.

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*drool* Your day sounds AWESOME!! A dozen years, here I come!

Sara